Making a Crossed Swords Crochet Cowl
The crossover double crochet pattern gives this cowl a unique textured look. This is a page about making a crossed swords crochet cowl
Share on ThriftyFunThis page contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
I chose this name because of the unique crossover double crochet pattern. It is very textured and interesting to look at. You will look like a pro, yet you will only need basic double and single crochet knowledge.
This pattern will allow you to turn a humble $2 ball of Red Heart yarn into your very own masterpiece. It is great as a gift, even better to keep and show off.
Have fun making your cowl!
Total Time: Around 3 hours
- J crochet hook
- embroidery needle for weaving in ends
- 1 ball Red Heart yarn, 236 yards, color; grey heather
- With your J hook, loosely chain 150. 1 sc in 2nd ch from hook and each across till end.
- Ch 3, skip the space that you chained 3 from, *skip next sc, 1 dc in each of the next 3 sc, 1 dc in last sc skipped, *repeat from * to * till end. 1 dc in ch.
- Please note where your first dc is placed.
- When you work your dc in the skipped sc, you will simply go back and work it from the front as usual.
- See what you end up with? May feel a bit awkward at first, but it's really very easy!:)
- Ch 1, turn. Skip the first dc where you just chained, 1 sc in each ch to end of row.
- Repeat steps 2 and 6 in order 4 more times.
- Repeat step 2 once more.
- Now rotate your work to the right and slip stitch in that same space.
- Ch 2 and work 18 more dc evenly spaced at the end of the scarf.
- Ch 2, turn. Work 1 dc in each stitch till end.
- Repeat 2 more times.*The reason you are adding these 4 rows is simply because the cowl ended up too short!:) I needed a bit more length so you weren't being choked when wearing it wrapped around your neck.
- Line up your end with the other scarf end.
- Ch 1, turn. Working through both thicknesses, work 18 sc evenly along ends to join them.
- See? It looks like you meant to do that.
- Now keep it.
- Give it away.
January 5, 20150 found this helpful
This looks nice and warm. Also like that it looks elegant and feminine.