Women's Short and Sweet Crochet Cowl
This is a page about women's short and sweet crochet cowl
. An easy crocheted project to keep someone cozy in cold weather.
Share on ThriftyFunThis page contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
This cowl may be modeled by a "little woman", but it is made for adults. This is a simple and fun project. Big warm scarves are great, but sometimes you want something a bit less overwhelming when you are just out running errands.
This will keep you cozy without preparing you for an arctic trek. It is also made using #4 worsted yarn, making it affordable and quick. Have fun!
Total Time: 2-3 hours
Yield: As many as you like:)
- "I" crochet hook
- about 125 yards Lion Brand Heartland, #4 worsted in color; "Great Smoky Mountains."
- about 50 yards or less Red Heart Boutique Unforgettable #4 worsted in color; "echo."
- embroidery needle for weaving in ends.
- Ch 72, join with a slip stitch to your first ch to make a ring.
- Ch 2, dc in same space as ch 2, dc in each ch around, join to first dc made.
- Ch 2, dc in same space as ch 2, dc in each dc around, join to first dc made.
- Repeat last row 8 more times. Fasten off.
- With contrasting color, join with a sc in any stitch. *Skip 2 stitches, 7 dc in next stitch, skip 2 stitches, sc in next stitch*, repeat directions between * * till end. Join with a slip stitch to first sc.
- Ch 3, 3 dc in same space as ch 3, *skip 3 stitches, sc in next stitch, skip 3 stitches, 4 dc in next stitch*, repeat directions between * * till end. Join with a slip stitch to the top of your first ch 3. Fasten off.
- Repeat this edging on the other side. The only difference with this row, is that I worked my stitches into the "spaces" between the stitches. This was my foundation row, therefore only had one ch loop free. Working between the stitches makes it a little sturdier. Also, when you reach the end of your second edge row, you will skip 3 spaces instead of 2 before joining and fastening off.
- Now you just need to weave in your ends and trim.
- See the back?
December 22, 20141 found this helpful
I'm going to make this with my daughter when I'm on vacation next week.