DIY Cleaning Putty

A mixture of white glue, such as Elmer's, baking soda, water, and contact lens solution forms a putty like mass that is perfect for cleaning lots of small spaces. Try it on vents, keyboards, and more. The recipe is found on this page.

This is an awesome homemade putty that will help you clean hard-to-clean areas just by rolling it around in them. Try it on things like mini vents, small ridges in furniture, and many other tight spots. It just takes a handful of items you might already have at home. I couldn't believe how many little crumbs and bits of nastiness I was able to remove by rubbing this putty around the house!

This stuff can also just be used to play with as it doesn't break apart or disintegrate. Its consistency is a cross between putty and slime.

Total Time: 10 minutes

• 2 ounces white glue (like Elmer's)
  • 1/8 cup water
  • 1/2 tsp baking soda
  • contact lens solution

1. In a bowl, add glue, water, and baking soda. Stir well.
  2. Add a small amount of contact solution and mix.
  3. Keep adding contact lens solution, while stirring, until putty comes together.
  4. When you can lift up all the bits from the bowl and it's one piece, it's almost ready.
  5. Knead it a bit, then it's ready to use in hard-to-clean spaces.
  6. I use it in little ridges behind my keyboards, mini vents, and deep edges in furniture.
  7. You can see what it was able to pick up. Ew! :)

Any particular kind of contact lens solution? Is it just needed for the preservative?

Brilliant!

As long as it has boric acid, which most of them do, it will work. It keeps the bond in this putty's chemistry. Renu brand is a good one as it's got it in there, and it's cheap!

Thank you! I love seeing all this bits of dirt I got out! Ew-Yay!

Home and Garden Cleaning Cleaning Supply RecipesJanuary 2, 2020
🍀
💘

Generated 2020-01-03 23:06:00 in 1 secs. ⛅️️ ⚡️