DIY Cleaning Putty
Diamond Post Medal for All Time! 1,246 Posts
May 3, 2018
This is an awesome homemade putty that will help you clean hard-to-clean areas just by rolling it around in them. Try it on things like mini vents, small ridges in furniture, and many other tight spots. It just takes a handful of items you might already have at home. I couldn't believe how many little crumbs and bits of nastiness I was able to remove by rubbing this putty around the house!
This stuff can also just be used to play with as it doesn't break apart or disintegrate. Its consistency is a cross between putty and slime.
Total Time: 10 minutes
- 2 ounces white glue (like Elmer's)
- 1/8 cup water
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- contact lens solution
- In a bowl, add glue, water, and baking soda. Stir well.
- Add a small amount of contact solution and mix.
- Keep adding contact lens solution, while stirring, until putty comes together.
- When you can lift up all the bits from the bowl and it's one piece, it's almost ready.
- Knead it a bit, then it's ready to use in hard-to-clean spaces.
- I use it in little ridges behind my keyboards, mini vents, and deep edges in furniture.
- You can see what it was able to pick up. Ew! :)
CommentsRead More Comments
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2022 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.