Homemade Silly Putty Recipes
May 21, 2010
Remember Silly Putty? This is similar to that, fun for the kids and it will amaze them to see how it is made.
Approximate Time: 10 minutes
- 8 oz. white glue
- 4 - 5 Tbsp. acrylic paint
- several cups of water
- borax laundry booster
- airtight containers to store goo in
- Combine the glue, paint, and 3/4 cup water in a bowl.
- In a separate bowl, mix together 1 Tbsp. borax and 1/4 cup water.
- Pour the borax mixture into the glue mixture and stir until a blob forms. Don't worry if the blob looks stringy; it will smooth out on its own as you work it.
- Remove the stringy blob from the mixture, press it into a ball working it with your hands while working the extra water out. Place it in the airtight container.
- Keep making another batch of the borax and water and pour it into the remaining glue mixture until the glue mixture is gone.
When not playing with the goo, make sure to keep it in the airtight container.
By Ann Winberg from Loup City, NERead More Comments
2 More Solutions
Share on ThriftyFunThis page contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
February 20, 2007
Mix the white glue and food coloring together in a small bowl. Pour liquid cornstarch into a small second bowl. Slowly pour the glue mixture on top of the liquid cornstarch.Read More...
ThriftyFun is one of the longest running frugal living communities on the Internet. These are archives of older discussions.
Click to read more ideas from older posts on ThriftyFun.Read More...
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2022 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.