DIY Party Hat Volcano Experiment for Kids
Baking soda and vinegar make a dramatic foaming volcano to make with your kids. Save a party hat for the classic cone shape or make one yourself.
Share on ThriftyFunThis page contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
Have extra party hats? Your child will have a blast with this volcano experiment. If you don't have any party hats, you can make your own with paper.
Total Time: 5-10 minutes
- 2 Tbsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 squirt liquid dish soap
- Few drops food coloring - optional
- party hat
- glass jar smaller than party hat
- Cut zig zag on the tip of the party hat to resemble volcano.
- Using a jar smaller than the party hat - add baking soda, salt, and your choice of food coloring.
- Mix the ingredients together. Then add a squirt of liquid dish soap.
- Place hat over the glass cup. Set up your volcano station (for less mess, I used a baking sheet) and have your child pour vinegar into the hole of the volcano and watch the volcano erupt!
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2020 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.