DIY Party Hat Volcano Experiment for Kids
Diamond Post Medal for All Time! 1,298 Posts
October 1, 2018
Have extra party hats? Your child will have a blast with this volcano experiment. If you don't have any party hats, you can make your own with paper.
Total Time: 5-10 minutes
- 2 Tbsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 squirt liquid dish soap
- Few drops food coloring - optional
- party hat
- glass jar smaller than party hat
- Cut zig zag on the tip of the party hat to resemble volcano.
- Using a jar smaller than the party hat - add baking soda, salt, and your choice of food coloring.
- Mix the ingredients together. Then add a squirt of liquid dish soap.
- Place hat over the glass cup. Set up your volcano station (for less mess, I used a baking sheet) and have your child pour vinegar into the hole of the volcano and watch the volcano erupt!
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2022 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.