AdviceEntertainment

DVD Suggestions

I don't watch much TV and haven't been to the movies in years. I do a huge freezer cooking session in the summer while the kids are at grandma's. During that time, I'd like to rent some DVDs to have on while I am cooking. I like shows like NCIS, CSI and historical documentaries. Any suggestions beside NCIS, CSI, and no Law and Order.

I would appreciate suggestions for the documentaries especially. Thanks!

By mindy from Terrebonne, OR

You might look into topdocumentaryfilms.com. This is a free website with hundreds of documentary films to view. Under the tab "Documentary List", near the top, you'll find categories (including "history"), as well as the listing of all the docs in that category...really a great resource, and, free, too!

I love the series: History Detectives on PBS. These are stories about people finding old things and wanting to know what they are or if they relate to an historic person or event.

It is really quite interesting. Also the show How they make it I think is the name on a cable station is good. Good luck.