Decorating a Box Pleat Skirt

How can I make my box pleat skirt more full or blingy? I recently purchased a crop top with a peach orange full length box pleat skirt to wear to a Indian wedding. The problem is, I feel that the skirt is too plain and doesn't have that body I see in other box pleats.

I can add lacing at the bottom or rhineatones or add can can underneath or cover the whole skirt with lace pleats in peach orange. But I'm not sure how to make it the best. Any suggestions? I don't see a lacey box pleat on Pinterest.

One strip of a contrasting or interesting trim or ribbon sewn either straight down the front or a little offset to the side might help! Interesting tights might too!

I would leave the skirt alone and use minimal decoration on the top. You will then be able to wear it for other occasions. It is possible to bling up a skirt too much.