Dehydrating Strawberries

Category Drying
A wonderful way to preserve your fresh berries for snacks and an addition to many kinds of recipes. This is a guide about dehydrating strawberries.

I saw a hint on the internet which said that I could dry strawberries by putting them in an oven of 210 degrees F for two hours. That didn't work and I even left them for an extra hour, but they were still just 'wilted'. They are mushy, but not dried out like a dehydrator. What am I doing wrong?

Best Answer

If you are going to use your oven, you need to keep the door slightly open (put something non-flammable in the door, like a ss knife) to allow the moisture to escape. Otherwise all you get is cooked strawberries.