Desert Inspired Birthday Card
Get your inspiration from the desert when making this birthday card, suitable for a man. Use colored sand, a small twig, and small pieces of tree bark and turn these into a unique artwork, reminiscent of the beauty of a desert. Definitely the type of card that a nature lover will appreciate!
Total Time: 20 minutes
Yield: one card
- 8. x 5.42 inch pumpkin yellow cardstock
- colored sand in the following colors: black; orange; light yellow; light blue, and white
- 8mm wide self-adhesive black lace tape
- natural 2mm wide jute ribbon
- small dried twig
- small pieces of tree bark and small stones
- piece of brown packaging tape
- Artline 210 Fineliner black pen
- standard scissors
- clear-drying craft glue (such as Bostik Clear)
- Score the pumpkin yellow cardstock to create a card sized 5.4" x 4.1".
- With the fold at the left, cut an uneven piece from the packaging tape. Glue it to the front of the card with the self-adhesive side facing up.
- Dust the tape with the light yellow sand - this will be the desert floor - and shake off any excess sand.
- Draw the first dune with the pencil. Add glue to the dune, dust it with the orange sand and shake off any excess sand.
- Add the second dune and use the black sand to color it. Use the black pen to draw over the dunes' pencil lines.
- Add glue to the sky, and use a combination of blue and white sand to color it.
- Glue the twig to the card to add a dry tree to the desert scene.
- Add the small pieces of tree bark and the small stones.
- Add a strip of lace tape to the top and bottom of the card, and cut off any protruding edges.
- Make a small bow with the jute ribbon. Glue it to the bottom of the card, and add three birds to the skyline to finish it off.
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2020 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.