Discoloration in a Fiberglass Bathtub

I have yellow discoloration in my fiberglass tub. How do I remove it?

Barbara

Answers:

Discoloration in a Fiberglass Bathtub

I am assuming your tub is old, this happens after many years of cleaning, hard water and age. You might consider having it re-glazed, it will look like new. (05/12/2007)

By Chip

Discoloration in a Fiberglass Bathtub

Tried goof off, bleach, 409. soft scrub. Nothing works so far. It is not an old tub, (only 8 years old) and the discoloration is where the sun camethrough the skylight. (05/12/2007)

By Barbara Becker

Discoloration in a Fiberglass Bathtub

My mother in laws bath was like this. I filled with hot water and bleach and let it sit for several hours and than scrubbed using soft scrub it worked. (05/14/2007)

By Denise

Discoloration in a Fiberglass Bathtub

Just for anyone reading... to remove mold, mildew on anything, especially siding... you do not need ANYTHING except bleach and water. Put it in a new garden sprayer or whatever, spray on and by the time you are around the area, hose it off...good as new. Protect your plants with plastic or something. (05/15/2007)

Discoloration in a Fiberglass Bathtub

You could try putting 1 cup vinegar, 1 squirt Dawn dish soap, 1/4 cup Jet Dry in a large squirt bottle and add water slowly. Spray and wipe. (05/16/2007)

By Jacque