Reducing Scar Discoloration

I had a really bad dark, ugly scar after a C-section. Over the counter remedies didn't work. Then an old past beauty queen told me about vinegar.

Take a piece of cotton and put vinegar on it. Rub the cotton on the age spots and scars. For a really dark spot, tape the cotton over the spot with a medical tape and keep it on overnight. I didn't think this would work, but it did. The scar faded and so did the age spots. A bottle of vinegar is usually in your cabinet, and it's a cheap way of fading scars and spot.

By Kathy Bourg from Jefferson, LA

16 More Solutions

This product "Hy-Tape" is a great alternative any time to Band-Aids when we get a cut that we need to protect so it can heal correctly and be aesthetically pleasing.

Packages of Band-Aids and Hy-Tape for covering healing wounds.

I have a very deep scar from leg surgery. My sister, a podiatrist recommended a product called "Scar Guard." I have been using it for 3 weeks and the results are amazing.

Did you know that honey can prevent scar appearance, and it also lightens your scar. If you have a healing wounds, you can put a honey on top of it or overlap it with honey. It is much better if you do it overnight. It really works.

Fingers dipped in honey.

How can I cover scars, just for one night?

Erica

Answers

Where is the scar located? How visiable of a scar is it?

By londa (Guest Post)

I would try a thick layer of foundation make-up, well blended in around the edges, and then press powder on top. The foundation and powder will have to match the surrounding skin really, really well. You may have to blend two shades together to get a better match. If you are dancing you need to take the make-up with you for touch ups.

If the scar is on your arms or legs, maybe a fun henna tattoo would work. If the scar is on your face, consider one of those paste on bendi dots, or a small temporary tatoo. In the right spot this would work. Good luck, have some fun with it, and don't be afraid to be different.
Londa

By Kate (Guest Post)

Temporary tattoos!

By Judy (Guest Post)

Dermablend will cover scars and birthmarks. You can get it in a department store.

I would just go naked, first time every time. This night might turn into something, so do you want to be doping up a scar forever?

By SusannL (Guest Post)

There is a product called Dermablend that is available at the cosmetic counter of major department stores. It is specifically designed to cover scars and other marks on the skin. If you match your color carefully it should work. It is fairly expensive, but far cheaper than medical procedures.

Use a Covermark it really works to cover even tattos or scars and dark spots,or else as I use this time to cover my dark spots, scars, I use Revlon Colorstay. Its in the 30ml bottle which is you can choose light to darker skin and you can find it in any beauty shop. It's the best I ever used to cover up my scars on legs.

Answer this Question

How can I remove a burn scar on my forehead? Every time I use the iron to flatten my bangs, without paying attention I burn my forehead. If somebody knows some tips please let me know.

Thanks.

By Malika from CO

Answers

You are going to have to be more careful.

I have a facial scar from a serious car accident 30+ years ago. At the time the gash on my cheek was simply closed with stitches. There was no follow up or recommendations for treating the scar to lessen it. All these years it has bothered me. Any ideas for making the scar less noticeable? Or is it way too late for that? I cannot afford cosmetic surgery. Thanks for any help you can give.

By Carly K

Answers

Bio Oil will lessen the look of the scar with regular use. You can also get coverup made especially for scars.

You can get a paramedical cosmetic tattoo. See if anyone in your area does cosmetic tattooing--they use pigments instead of dyes and it is injected into a different layer of the skin. It must be redone about every 6 years, but it will cover the white scar tissue to match your face color. This is often used to cover scars from major accidents, facial surgeries, cleft lip, etc. You can also call the office in your state that licenses tattoo artists in your state to find the closest one available in your area or do an internet search. They will give you info on who to contact for all the ins and outs. Good luck.

I have the scar on my face, but it is smooth and makes a black line. I am embarrassed by this. I have had it for 10 years. I also have a scar on my legs. How do I remove them all?

By EiMon

When I was younger I used to get bug bites really bad. I would scratch them and now I am left with the scars from it all over my legs. If I exfoliated every day for a few months, would my scars go away? If not, are there any ways that will make them go away ASAP?

By Hannahh from HI

Answers

Hannah,

Rest easy, the scars will likely fade over time. I used to have mosquito bite scars all over and they are gone now! Don't exfoliate daily, that will do more harm than good. 2 or 3 times a week is ideal. Also, switch between manual exfoliation (scrubs) and chemical exfoliation (salicylic acid, etc) for best results. A dermatologist can be extremely helpful as well. But here are some other tips: lavender essential oil is said to reduce scarring as is rose hip oil. Also, try to keep the skin well moisturized to help it heal, aloe vera gel and coconut oil are wonderful for this. If all else fails, they will fade on their own, just give them time to heal and regenerate! Best of luck!

When I was little my grandparents always made me put tooth paste on my bug bites. Then i would put a band aid over it. What this does is dries the bug bite. From what I remember it works really well!

Answer this Question

I have a rash on my face. The doctor prescribed an antifungal cream and medications. The itchy nature of my skin has disappeared, but a patch is visible on my face.

How long will it take to get rid of the scar like nature? Please let me know.

I am 20 years old. I have had a scar on my leg for about 9 years now. Because of the scar I do not wear short dresses and am tired of wearing long things to cover this scar. Sometimes I do feel pains too. What should I do now?

By Daila

Now that I am older, whenever I get bitten by an insect, or scraped, or cut, the scars that are left behind are kind of a purple color. I would like to know if there is anything that can reduce the discoloration. Thanks.

By nancy

I have a dull completion. A few days back an insect bit me on my nose and I scratched it. Now I have a black mark because of it. I want clearer skin. How to remove it?

By Labdhi

I have an old surgery scar on my mouth and I want something to help remove the scar.

Scar Remedies. How do you get scars to fade fast? I am getting married in August.

Load More
Health & Beauty Beauty Skin Care AdviceOctober 22, 2012
🐛
👒
🌻
👔
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Reducing-Scar-Discoloration.html