Vinegar For Scars And Age Spots

I had a really bad dark, ugly scar after a C-section. Over the counter remedies didn't work. Then an old past beauty queen told me about vinegar.

Take a piece of cotton and put vinegar on it. Rub the cotton on the age spots and scars. For a really dark spot, tape the cotton over the spot with a medical tape and keep it on overnight. I didn't think this would work, but it did. The scar faded and so did the age spots. A bottle of vinegar is usually in your cabinet, and it's a cheap way of fading scars and spot.

By Kathy Bourg from Jefferson, LA

Was it totally gone or just lightened up and less visible? Thanks for that home remedy:)

Vinegar also works to get rid of warts. I developed one on my nose, very near my eye. Over-the-counter preparations cannot be used near the eyes, and I read about using vinegar. I used a tiny piece of cotton from a Q-Tip, vinegar, and tape.

It took about three weeks, but the wart was completely gone, no scar, and it never came back. I used clear duct tape, so while it wasn't completely invisible, it wasn't too bad.

Does it matter ... white or cider vinegar ?

Use apple cider vinegar..less acidic than malt.

Did you use white or brown vinegar?

It's also a great acne treatment. I am 47 and still had breakouts. Now I remove my makeup with white vinegar each night. Any pimple that comes up I pop with a needle and then put vinegar on it.

The pimple is usually gone the next day. I get way fewer pimples too.

Will definitely use this hint, starting tonight!! Thank you so much for a great hint. Will start with white vinegar, then watch for any further posts to see if I should be using cider vinegar.

Anonymous

I used white vinegar because that is what I had on hand. Don't know about the cider vinegar. The scar does not completely disappear, but lightens to your natural skin color so you have to get up close to see it.

Thank everyone for all the support.

Diamond Post Medal for All Time! 1,246 Posts

I'm definitely trying this tonight! I don't care if my husband thinks I smell like a salad! Thank you!

Does this work on old scars too? What about stretch marks?

Anonymous

Yes it works on old scars. Never had stretch marks so I do not know on that one.

Ok so I tried this on a pesky old acne scar and it definitely lightened it up a bit! Thank you! Just be careful not to get it on a new pimple like I did.

It bloated and got irritated, but that is my own fault :) Do try this on scars! great!

Are we talking plain old ordinary white vinegar or apple cider vinegar? Thanks for responding.

Natural ' mother' apple cider vinegar is better for your skin than malt vinegar. Less acidic. This also works from the 'inside out' - mix 5 tablespoons acv with warm water ( not boiling) & drink this up to 3 times a day .( Available from Amazon)

Health & Beauty Beauty Skin CareFebruary 23, 2012
🎃
https://www.thriftyfun.com/tf19842326.tip.html