Dish Soap for Toilet Clogs

How do you unstop a toilet with dish detergent and hot water?

By Skhbears from Blacksburg, VA

Answers:

Dish Soap for Toilet Clogs

I have tried this and it really works. If there is standing water in the toilet, remove most of it by scooping it out into a bucket (wear rubber gloves please). Once this is done, pour a good squirt of dish soap into the toilet and let stand for a few minutes. Take your plunger and plunge one or two times. You will be amazed. It works! (10/11/2010)

By janet

Dish Soap for Toilet Clogs

Simply amazing! After scooping out the dirty water and plunging and flushing numerous times, and even trying to use a snake, I still had a clogged toilet. So, I decided to look online for another solution and came upon this. It totally works! First I squeezed a substantial amount of Dawn dish liquid, waited for my pot of water to come to a boil, and then waited for the soap and water to settle down. I followed all the tips such as turn water off and don't flush till suds are down. After the water went down, I boiled another pot of water, poured it into the toilet, and it flushed right away. Thank you so much! (12/08/2010)

By mel