Display Collections In A Memory Box

A collection of at least 3 similar items that have special meaning to you, family pieces or just interesting and fun collections for your home!

Approximate Time: 1 hour

• at least 3 similar items for a collection
  • a small wooden box or even a cute cardboard one!
  • wire
  • interesting material or paper, an old magazine or newspaper
  • something to poke a hole into the back of the wooden boxes

Instructions:

I had old pieces of silverware from garage sale hunts and some special items from family members. I simply twisted a wire around them and punched a hole through the back of the box and slipped the wire through to secure them to the box. You could even use a nice, small cardboard or tissue box for this too!

I went on my computer to find a clip art Eye Chart to print out as the background on the eyeglass memory box. Finding a similar theme with your items is a nice touch, I think!

One pair of the glasses were my own dad's, so this collection had special meaning to me. Even brand new, colorful $1 store colorful eyeglasses could be used for a modern decor or a young person's room, just for fun.

Regarding the background: a clip art of colorful close ups of veggies could have been nice for the forks or other utensils.

Anything can be a collection: keys, pins, buttons, shells, you name it! It doesn't need to be priceless artifacts, just something you like or has special meaning to you. Don't leave them in a drawer somewhere. Display them for all to see! It's a great way to personalize your home and give it a personality too.

By Donna from NEPA

Too cute! You can also get wooden ones at the local Dollar Tree's that have a glass front that is hinged. That way, if your item inside ever needs repair, it's really easy to get to.

I am working on one made from stacks of plastic frames that I can't wait to finish!

Clever idea and a nice keepsake.

Oh my gosh, that is the nicest idea. Thank you so much for sharing.