Displaying Cut Flowers

This little bear vase was $.25 at a flea market. The least expensive one was $.10. I collect small vases to share flowers from the garden with children to take home to mom or dad. I also use any containers I can find to start cuttings for anyone to take. I use empty yogurt, cottage cheese, and other food containers.

I even use take out containers and have DD save her's as well. It takes so little to make a child smile and and want to come back often to the Path Garden. (One little boy calls it "The Forest", his dad told me.)

By Vi Johnson from Moorpark, CA

3 More Solutions

I keep my fresh flowers longer by putting them in stones I've collected at the beach. The jar is decorated with rub on decals.

When the flowers die, I clean off the rocks, add shells and leave it.

Beach Rocks in a Vase

Comment Pin it! Was this helpful? Yes

To cut fresh flower stems cleanly, use a pet nail clipper. Simply put the stem through the hole and snip. A perfect cut every time!

Home and Garden Gardening CuttingsSeptember 10, 2013
🌻
🎂
🎃
😷
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Displaying-Cut-Flowers.html