Dollar Store For School Supplies

I have found that the dollar store is a great place to buy school supplies.

By Mary

The schools where I live specify certain items and most of them won't be found at dollar stores.

You have to be careful about the paper at the dollar stores. If it's an off brand made for the dollar stores, the paper is usually so thin that it tears really easy! I've had to throw notpads away because they were so worthless. Once I even got a set of small spiral notepads & the paper seemed to have some kind of shiny coating on it so that the pencil barely left marks on it, pens didn't want to write on it & the paper still tore!

Our elementary schools specifies exactly what they want, but the upper grades don't. I almost always buy the kids pens, pencils & erasers at the dollar store for sure, it's a whole lot cheaper! Once I even found those giant pink erasers as big as your hand there for $1, the kids got a big kick out of that!