Dryer Sheets for Insect Repellent

My kids always had skin issues with bug repellent. A sportsman family member told me that he found the ideal repellent: he uses the store brand dryer sheets. He keeps one in an upper pocket and one in his back pocket. He also lightly rubs them on his arms and ankles. He does not get bug bites and hasn't for many years, and neither did my kids.

I do recommend that you read the ingredients in the sheets just to be safe for your own sake.

By NannyQuacker from Pineville, LA

Answers:

Dryer Sheets for Insect Repellent

I've done this for years with my Girl Scouts. Just remember to use plain dryer sheets, not the scented variety. That's what attracts the buggies (they think you are a flower). My girls always had to use unscented deodorant, plain dishwashing soap, etc. It works! (10/01/2009)

By Curvedbar

Dryer Sheets for Insect Repellent

I used these in both back pockets, front pockets, in my sleeves, one in each shoe and it didn't work for me.

In Houston, TX where we have mosquitoes in the winter, any suggestions would be so helpful!

Thank you. (10/01/2009)

By metroplex