ShoesClothing

Drying Shoes Without the Banging

I thought of this because I hate that banging sound of athletic shoes slamming around in the dryer. It's pretty simple as the pictures show. You need a long mesh laundry bag. This one is 2-3 feet long. Place the shoes in the middle of the bag and give one twist to the ends of the bag. Set it on the inside of the door and hold the ends tightly while closing the door. Set timer about 30 mins and check for dryness.

Having something else in the dryer, whether it's a big towel or other laundry doesn't matter, but the laundry helps the dryer retain heat. An empty dryer will make it take longer for the shoes to dry. You can tie or clip the ends of the bag if you need to keep it centered on the door. Don't twist the bag too much or you'll have a gap in the door, loss of heat, and the bag may sag.

This is a great tip! I will be using it.

Hanging the boot-bag out on the line still works fine too.
Onion bag mesh keeps birds from nesting in your sneakers, though it is funny when they do. You can always hang some old and holy sneakers under the eaves. The birds love them!

Have fUN!
DearWebby

This idea is mainly to use in the winter or when you need them in a hurry.

I wouldn't want to ever encourage birds to nest on my house.

My son plays soccer in the fall and often needs his shoes dried fast for the next day. I place them upside down on top of my heater register in my bathroom. They are nearly always dry by the morning. But I will keep this in mind if we are tight on time.

Thanks for sharing!