Dyeing Wedding Shoes

Category Decorate
It is easy to dye your shoes to match your wedding colors. This is a guide about dyeing wedding shoes.

I bought a pair of Vera Wang shoes to wear in a friends wedding a couple of years ago. I had them dyed to match my dress but would like to wear them to my own wedding this year. They are the MOST comfortable shoes and I can't find the style anywhere. How can the color be safely removed? Is it possible to get them close to white or off white?

Ania from Saratoga, NY

Answers

The only thing you can do is try to spray the shoes with white shoe dye (or you might try using white acrylic sneaker shoe polish) - I did once see a pattern for COVERING shoes with fabric - & if you can find something like that - you could cover them with white lacy fabric.

By Darlene (Guest Post)

Ania, it depends on the current color of your shoes. check out this website for more info: http://www.step  s_Purses_s/7.htm

The site says that if your shoes are a light to medium color then they can probably be redyed, but, if the color is black then you probably wont be able to remove all of the dye. it also gives a solution you can make at home to remove the dye yourself. Good luck!

By darlene (Guest Post)

You can change the color of your dyed shoes as long as they are not black. I added a link below so you can read for yourself. If the shoes are light to medium in color, you can make a bleach solution and do it yourself. Just read the link and it will give you the correct measurements to use. Good luck

http://www.step  nswers_s/578.htm