Easter Bonnet Door Wreath
I found everything I needed at the Dollar Store to make these Easter bonnet door wreaths. They are easy, fun, and very pretty! You can make them to color coordinate with any color scheme you want.
All the supplies listed I purchased at The Dollar Store.
- 1 - 2 straw hats - they come in many different colors
- 6 - 8 sprays of flowers with greens the flowers come all assorted, you pick what flowers you want to use, making sure they come with greens. You will need about 6 sprays of flowers to get enough greens. Though if you buy 8, it's enough for making 2 wreaths.
- glue gun and glue sticks
- wire cutters
- wire edged ribbon
- craft wire for the hanger
- With craft cutters, cut up all the flowers and leaves, making piles of each color you are using.
- Take your straw hat, fold up one side and staple.
- When you start, you will be hot gluing each end of each stem. You first start with all your greens. Begin filling inside the middle of the hat and up the sides. Or whatever design you desire.
- Now, for the flowers, if using multi-color flowers, do one color at a time. It will give it a much neater look. Put as many or few flowers as you like! You can add longer leaf stems on the edges.
- From the wire edged wide ribbon; cut a piece long enough to go half away around the inside rim of the hat. Fold the ribbon in half, crease and glue it around the rim of the dome of the hat. This is easy to do before you add too many of the flowers and greenery. To make a ribbon bow, cut, tie, and attach it to the folded edge of the hat.
- Use a wire hanger for the back.
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2021 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.