Easy Caramelized Apples
This is a very easy way to make caramelized apples without butter or cornstarch. All it takes is cooking your apples in sugar and a splash of water. The apples will soften as they cook and lend itself to making a velvety caramel treat.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 5 minutes
Total Time: 10 minutes
Yield: 2-4 servings
- 4 small apples, peeled, cored and cut into sixths
- 4 Tbsp sugar
- 1 Tbsp water
- Cook sugar and water in a heavy pan over medium-high heat until it begins to bubble.
- Add the apples to the pan and stir frequently.
- Apples are ready when caramel sauce is a medium brown tone and apples are soft when poked, a few minutes.
- Place apples in a dish and drizzle caramel sauce on top. It goes great with a scoop of ice cream!
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!