Share a SolutionAsk a Question

Recipes Using Stove Top Stuffing

If you are tired of just having boxed stuffing as a side then try some new recipes using boxed stuffing mix. This page contains recipes using Stove Top stuffing.

Recipes

Share on ThriftyFunCheck out these recipes. If you have made this recipe please submit a photo and let us know how it worked. Or, add your own recipe variation.

November 12, 2007 Flag

Ingredients

• 1 package Stove Top Stuffing Mix for chicken
  • 1 1/2 cups hot water
  • 1/4 cup butter or 1/2 stick margarine, cut up
  • 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
  • Ad
  • 1 can (10 oz.) cream of mushroom soup
  • 1/2 cup sour cream

Directions

Mix contents of vegetable/seasoning packet, hot water and butter in large bowl until butter is melted. Stir in stuffing crumbs just to moisten. Let stand 5 minutes.

Place chicken down center of a 9x13 inch baking dish. Mix soup and sour cream; pour over chicken. Spoon some of the stuffing over chicken. Spoon remaining stuffing around chicken. Bake at 375 for 35 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.

Source: This was in a newsletter that mary's freebies sent me.

By imaqt1962 from Illinois

Editor's Note: It appears to be originally from Kraft Foods. Here is a link to their recipe page.

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Sounds perfect!

Easy Stuffing

CommentPin It! Was this helpful? Yes

Stuffing isn't just for Thanksgiving, you can make this easy stuffing anytime of year. This page contains easy stuffing recipe.

April 16, 2013 Flag

Someone gave me a big box of twelve packages of Stovetop Stuffing. I really don't like it as a stuffing. Is there anything else you can make with it? I can't give it to a foodbank/charity because the individual packages are generic with no instructions printed on them. The foodbanks here will not take anything like that. I also can't find anyone who wants it.

By Joanie from South Norfolk , VA

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
Best Answer

Use it when making a meatloaf. Instead of bread crumbs or oatmeal, crunch it some and put in your meatloaf with your other ingredients. Delicious.

Best Answer

I use it to stuff zucchini. After hollowing them out, I chop the inside flesh of the zucchini, fry up mince or sausage, shredded carrots and then add the stuffing mix. you may need to add a bit of water but I find that the moisture from the zucchini flesh is enough. Fill the zucchini, sprinkle with some grated cheese on top and bake in the oven for about 1 hour. They are really good.

Best Answer

I make a good chicken casserole.

Put a layer of cut up cooked chicken in bottom of 9X13 pan.

Add a layer of prepared stuffing.

Cover with left over chicken gravy, mixed with on can of cr of mushroom soup.

Poke a few times with fork to let some of gravy go into dish.

Bake about an hour at 350 degrees.

If no left over gravy, use 1 jar of chicken gravy

go to http://www.kraf  stovetop/recipes for more ideas.

Best Answer

Just pop it into a food processor or blender and turn it into "seasoned bread crumbs". Use it for any recipe that uses bread crumbs.

Or, before you do that, remove the larger pieces and use them for "croutons".

Best Answer

I buy 1lb. of oven roasted turkey breast sliced a little thicker than for a sandwich. Make Stovetop, lay out turkey, and roll Stovetop in turkey slices. Then get a couple jars of turkey gravy to pour over the top. Heat in 350F degree oven for about 1/2 hour or so. Makes about 12. Very good.

Best Answer

I make a turkey quiche after Thanksgiving that uses stovetop stuffing for the crust instead of pie crust. Works great. Just make as usual, put in pie plate & bake for few minutes till firm. THen put filling in and bake till done.

I love stovetop stuffing, but I never use it to stuff a bird. I just use it as a side dish.

Food and Recipes Recipes AdviceApril 21, 2013
Black smooth top cooking range.
Cleaning Spills on a Smooth Top Stove
Easy Stuffing
Easy Stuffing Recipe
Smooth Stove Top
Cleaning Stains on a Smooth Stove Top
Delicious Stuffing
Tips for Making Delicious Stuffing
👒
🐰
You are viewing the desktop version of this page: View Mobile Site.
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on March 23, 2017 at 7:18:10 PM on 10.0.0.245 in 1 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.