Easy Turtle Craft for Kids
Vote for this contest contender!
My kids enjoy having a "pet" themed art piece to accompany their book when it's story time. Last week, we read a book, from the library, so they wanted to make a turtle too.
This is an easy and fun craft, you may have all the supplies on hand already too!
Total Time: 20 minutes + drying time
Source: Inspired by Pinterest
- cupcake liner
- craft stick
- hot glue
- glue stick
- green scrapbook paper
- wiggly eyes
- Paint your craft stick a shade of green. Allow to dry.
- Using a cupcake liner, flatten with your hands, and then puff back up slightly.
- Using green scrapbook paper, freestyle the head and tail of the turtle.
- Hot glue down wiggly eyes to the head of the turtle.
- Once paint has dried, as shown below - create a crisscross "X" shape and hot glue the center down (wider in the front).
- Secure the shell of the turtle (cupcake liner) with dots of hot glue on the stick.
- Apply tape to the tip of the turtle head and some glue stick for extra reinforcement. Secure onto the cupcake liner and do the same with the tail.
- Finished turtle.
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!