I tried everything to rid the house of the odor that was left after frying a wonderful fish dinner. The only thing that worked was "Yankee" candle. I used lemon/lavender and had it on about two hours. No spray even came close to ridding the house of day old fish smell.
By Rosemary Barry from Loveland CO
Boil vinegar and water on stove for a few minutes. Works for old cigarette smoke odor also.
I have tried the vinegar on the stove thing but nothing works as well as the "pure air" candle I just bought from my local Oreck store. They said it would even take the bacon smell out and it did. I also tried it with fried redfish and it works. I think burning candles works the best.
ThriftyFun is one of the longest running frugal living communities on the Internet. These are archives of older discussions.
When use of extractor fan or prolonged wide-opening of windows is not an option, just how does one effectively get rid of cooking smells after a big fry-up, particularly of fish? YT in London