Valentine's DayCrafts

Eye Love You Valentine's Day Art Work

Throughout the "dating" period - my fiancé and I would send cheesy text messages and we'd always do the emoji eye heart finger pointing to emphasize I love you, sort of in "code".

So I thought it would be cute to make this little art work. You can write "eye" so the art work flows better, but I just wrote "I".

Total Time: 30 minutes

1. For my art work base, I used a piece of cardboard backing paper from a notebook measuring 7.25" x 5.5".
  2. I quickly cut out a piece of white paper measuring the same as the cardboard and sketched out an eye shape.
  3. I cut out the eye traced it and then used an oval to trace the iris/pupil.
  4. Flip through magazines to find solid color areas and cut into random square shapes.
  5. you are now ready to glue the colored square pieces down like a mosaic. You can overlap, make different shapes (like a triangle, or diamond), the option is yours.
  6. For the iris/pupil I flipped through the magazine to find a piece with a heart design then cut it to fit. Outline the eye and pupil with the marker.
  7. For finishing up the artwork, I found "LOVE" in the magazine to glue in the center. Or you can individually cut up letters or use stickers.
  8. Lastly I wrote "I" and "You" in cursive with a thin Sharpie pen. Ready to write on the backside of the art piece to use as a flat card if you wish or leave the art work as is!

Adore the cheesiness that brought this to life! ;) Hub and I were the same too .. okay, still are!

Can't go wrong with cheesiness :P

Crafts Valentine's DayJanuary 23, 2019
🌻
🎂
🎃