'Eye Love You' Valentine's Day Artwork
This fun Valentine's Day card is made primarily from recycled cardboard and magazine clippings. Learn how to make one on this page.
Share on ThriftyFunThis page contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
Throughout the "dating" period - my fiancé and I would send cheesy text messages and we'd always do the emoji eye heart finger pointing to emphasize I love you, sort of in "code".
So I thought it would be cute to make this little art work. You can write "eye" so the art work flows better, but I just wrote "I".
Total Time: 30 minutes
- cardboard piece
- magazine clippings
- glue stick
- Sharpie pens
- For my art work base, I used a piece of cardboard backing paper from a notebook measuring 7.25" x 5.5".
- I quickly cut out a piece of white paper measuring the same as the cardboard and sketched out an eye shape.
- I cut out the eye traced it and then used an oval to trace the iris/pupil.
- Flip through magazines to find solid color areas and cut into random square shapes.
- you are now ready to glue the colored square pieces down like a mosaic. You can overlap, make different shapes (like a triangle, or diamond), the option is yours.
- For the iris/pupil I flipped through the magazine to find a piece with a heart design then cut it to fit. Outline the eye and pupil with the marker.
- For finishing up the artwork, I found "LOVE" in the magazine to glue in the center. Or you can individually cut up letters or use stickers.
- Lastly I wrote "I" and "You" in cursive with a thin Sharpie pen. Ready to write on the backside of the art piece to use as a flat card if you wish or leave the art work as is!
January 24, 20190 found this helpful
Adore the cheesiness that brought this to life! ;) Hub and I were the same too .. okay, still are!
January 29, 20190 found this helpful
Can't go wrong with cheesiness :P