'Eye Love You' Valentine's Day Artwork
Diamond Post Medal for All Time! 1,298 Posts
January 23, 2019
Throughout the "dating" period - my fiancé and I would send cheesy text messages and we'd always do the emoji eye heart finger pointing to emphasize I love you, sort of in "code".
So I thought it would be cute to make this little art work. You can write "eye" so the art work flows better, but I just wrote "I".
Total Time: 30 minutes
- cardboard piece
- magazine clippings
- glue stick
- Sharpie pens
- For my art work base, I used a piece of cardboard backing paper from a notebook measuring 7.25" x 5.5".
- I quickly cut out a piece of white paper measuring the same as the cardboard and sketched out an eye shape.
- I cut out the eye traced it and then used an oval to trace the iris/pupil.
- Flip through magazines to find solid color areas and cut into random square shapes.
- you are now ready to glue the colored square pieces down like a mosaic. You can overlap, make different shapes (like a triangle, or diamond), the option is yours.
- For the iris/pupil I flipped through the magazine to find a piece with a heart design then cut it to fit. Outline the eye and pupil with the marker.
- For finishing up the artwork, I found "LOVE" in the magazine to glue in the center. Or you can individually cut up letters or use stickers.
- Lastly I wrote "I" and "You" in cursive with a thin Sharpie pen. Ready to write on the backside of the art piece to use as a flat card if you wish or leave the art work as is!
CommentsRead More Comments
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2022 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.