'Eye Love You' Valentine's Day Artwork

Diamond Post Medal for All Time! 1,298 Posts

Eye Love You Valentine's Day Art Work - finished projectThroughout the "dating" period - my fiancé and I would send cheesy text messages and we'd always do the emoji eye heart finger pointing to emphasize I love you, sort of in "code".

So I thought it would be cute to make this little art work. You can write "eye" so the art work flows better, but I just wrote "I".

Total Time: 30 minutes

• cardboard piece
  • paper
  • magazine clippings
  • scissors
  • glue stick
  • Sharpie pens
Eye Love You Valentine's Day Art Work - supplies

1. For my art work base, I used a piece of cardboard backing paper from a notebook measuring 7.25" x 5.5".
  2. Eye Love You Valentine's Day Art Work - piece of cardboard notebook backing paper

3. I quickly cut out a piece of white paper measuring the same as the cardboard and sketched out an eye shape.
  4. Eye Love You Valentine's Day Art Work - piece of white paper the same size with an eye sketched on it

5. I cut out the eye traced it and then used an oval to trace the iris/pupil.
  6. Eye Love You Valentine's Day Art Work - cut out the eye

Eye Love You Valentine's Day Art Work - trace onto the cardboard

7. Flip through magazines to find solid color areas and cut into random square shapes.
  8. Eye Love You Valentine's Day Art Work - cut out solid color areas in magazines into to random sized square shapes

9. you are now ready to glue the colored square pieces down like a mosaic. You can overlap, make different shapes (like a triangle, or diamond), the option is yours.
  10. Eye Love You Valentine's Day Art Work - ready to glue

Eye Love You Valentine's Day Art Work - begin glueing the paper down to the cardboard around the eye shape, overlapping if desired

Eye Love You Valentine's Day Art Work - adding more papers

11. For the iris/pupil I flipped through the magazine to find a piece with a heart design then cut it to fit. Outline the eye and pupil with the marker.
  12. Eye Love You Valentine's Day Art Work - use and oval shape to cut a piece from a magazine with heart shapes to cover the pupil

Eye Love You Valentine's Day Art Work - cut out and glue in place

Eye Love You Valentine's Day Art Work - outline the eye and pupil with the marker

13. For finishing up the artwork, I found "LOVE" in the magazine to glue in the center. Or you can individually cut up letters or use stickers.
  14. Eye Love You Valentine's Day Art Work - cut out the word love or use stickers in the center of the pupil

15. Lastly I wrote "I" and "You" in cursive with a thin Sharpie pen. Ready to write on the backside of the art piece to use as a flat card if you wish or leave the art work as is!
  16. Eye Love You Valentine's Day Art Work - use a thin Sharpie to write "I" and "Love" on the sides of the pupil

Crafts Valentine's Day CardsMarch 9, 2020
🌻
👔
🐛
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Eye-Love-You-Valentines-Day-Artwork.html