Family Reunion Ideas

There are a lot of details to work out when planning a family reunion, including games, food, decorations, and more. This is a guide about family reunion ideas.

This is a guide about family reunion prize ideas. Family reunions often include games and door prizes.

Photo of a family reunion.

Read More... Was this helpful? 1

This is a guide about family reunion game ideas. Adding some games to your family reunion celebration can make it an even more enjoyable occasion.

Multi-generational family playing soccer

Read More... Was this helpful? Yes

This is a guide about family reunion invitation ideas. Consider creating your own family reunion invitations. That way they can be unique and specific to your family event.

"You're Invited" Spelled out on a napkin

Read More... Was this helpful? Yes

This is a guide about family reunion centerpiece ideas. Creating an interesting, meaningful, and attractive centerpiece for a family reunion can become a family affair.

Several generations of a family laughing around a decorated table outdoors.

Read More... Was this helpful? Yes

This is a guide about gag gifts for family reunion. Part of the fun of a family reunion centers around the games and awards for various categories, like most pets.

Woman with Gag Gift for Family Reunion

Read More... Was this helpful? Yes

This is a guide about starting a family reunion tradition. Family reunions are a perfect way to stay in touch with your extended family. Getting everyone on the same page for the first reunion to start the tradition can often be the most difficult part.

Extended Family Portrait

Read More... Was this helpful? Yes

I'm working on our 1st family reunion. I'm the next to oldest of 10. I want to have each of the siblings wear a different color shirt and have all their children and grandchildren also wear their color. I'm looking for a way to personalize them. I may end up making about 75 in all. I need something that is inexpensive yet looks nice and washable. I'm also looking for games and crafts that could be done by a wide variety of ages and abilities.

I would welcome any cool ideas anyone would have to offer. My dad will be 84 and the oldest son will be 62 by then, just to give you an idea about the ages. The youngest is going to be 45 this summer. Most of us have grandchildren already and some even step-great-grandchildren. My son and his wife and their two sons live in Korea and will be here for the reunion. One other thing, my grandson really got the idea of the family reunion started by asking to know more about my family. Now we found out that he will be called up in May to go to Iraq.

I feel so sad that he can't be here to meet all his aunts and uncles, cousins and even his great grandfather. He was under one the only time they met. Does anyone have any ideas how help make this better for him? Thank you for any ideas anyone can suggest.

Lou Ann

Answers

Best Answer

We just had a family reunion in July. We had a potato sack race, a 3 legged race, water balloon toss. We also made a memory board ,one of those who had passed on and another of old pictures of all the guest that were there. We also did a raffle. Each guest brought an item to raffle, gift costing no more than 5 bucks. Tickets were 4 for $1. Place a brown bag in front of each item. Guest put their ticket in the bag of the item(s) they wanted to win. Then we called out a number from each bag, the person with the matching ticket won the prize. Cost of the raffle went toward the cost of the reunion. Also one cousin was in charge of all the pictures and another made up a family book of generations. It is a wonderful keep sake. We all had a blast. Best of luck planning yours.
Donna
Madison Heights , VA

My boyfriends mother is having her first Family Reunion next year. Can any one give me some Party Theme ideas?

Erin W

Answers

We always ask for our families to bring photo albums. It's great to share and remember good times.