Finding Replacement Screwdrivers for Sewing Machines

Category Sewing
Short Screwdriver
It is completely frustrating to need the screwdriver that came with your sewing machine, only to discover that you have misplaced it. This is a guide about finding replacement screwdrivers for sewing machines.

Those who read Thriftyfun on a regular basis are aware that many of my posts deal with the klutz in all of us. DH bought me this lovely sewing machine a few months ago. It has (or had, I have yet to decide which) an odd shaped little screw driver which I promptly misplaced.

Today I needed to clean the machine and remove a tangle of thread. I didn't want to spend the afternoon looking for my screw driver so I went to my button tin and found a button about the size of a dime. I could have used a real dime, but I'd rather lose a button than money so I used it. Perfect!

I have no doubt I'll find my rightful screw driver while looking for something else I've lost, but this works fine for now.

Another thing about the machine, it has a very nice magazine sized owner's manual. There were two of them, one English and one Spanish, each about the size and thickness of a Woman's Day. I used little plastic paper clips to mark my place in chapters where I must keep going back. This saves me some time.

By Marty Dick from Knoxville, TN

Thank you so much for these great tips, I too have a Brother Sewing Machine, which my DH bought for me, I have a problem with the screwdriver that came with it, to long, won't stand up in the screw head so this works wonderfully. Thanks again