Manuals For Older Sewing Machines

Finding a replacement manual for an older sewing machine can be a challenge. This guide is about manuals for older sewing machines.

I'm looking for an owner's manual for a Younker's badged sewing machine model W-40 and was wondering who the manufacturer was.

Answers

I happened across your user name again as I was reviewing some of my older posts. From there I read quite a few of your replies and answers to post usually asking for help. I have concluded that you are doing a great service to many ThriftyFun members. On their behalf, I thank you.

The Younker's sewing machines appear to have been (and apparently still are) by New Home (Janome) - try either site for manuals.

I have a Nelco model N-250-B-3 and I cannot find a manual to purchase anywhere. I can find one for the B-4, but I need one for he 250-B-3. I cannot even find proof that there ever was a 250-B-3 made except for the fact that it is sitting right here in front of me. I have the original manual, but it has gotten wet and all the pages are stuck together.

By James N.

Answers

Yea for Sandi! Another thing you might try is steaming open the stuck pages. Either do a search engine run ('steaming open stuck pages') or:

Boil a large pot of water, wear gloves or use BBQ tongs to hold the stuck pages over the steaming pot - once all the pages are unstuck, blot dry with paper towels and lay a piece of waxed paper between the pages until dry.

I have the N-250-3 but lost the Manual! Ur version does exist! I recognize your manual with both models in the instruction book. Mine has GOT to be in the house somewhere- but I remember it's the same as the one you have that's stuck together. If I find it (which is how I found this site-looking for the manual) I'll be back and will scan and notify you here and send to you. I love my machine. Got it @ 1970 or so.

The bobbin holder fell out and I can't repair it. Is there a free PDF manual for the Nelco 4-A?

By Pam from Lafayette, LA

Answers

There isn't a free one online, sorry to say. You can purchase one from several sites (Google using the name and model number followed by sewing machine manual) for under $15USD.

There are also a few YouTube videos on using the machine, one of those might have a section on the bobbin case system that will help you.

I need information about an old "Good Housekeeper" or "Good Housekeeping" sewing machine. I am having trouble threading it. It is model 712-B.

By Marie from Gresham, OR