Singer Sewing Machine Manuals

It can be difficult to replace lost manuals for older sewing machines. This is a page about Singer sewing machine manuals.

I just bought this machine, but lost the instruction manual in transit. I would appreciate anyone out there with a gift of one or a source for a replacement.

By Theresa O.

Answers

Download a pdf of the manual (free to download, hard copy is not expensive if you prefer that) here:

www.singer.com/support

You'll need the model number to access the manual, there is a help feature to show where the model number can be found on your machine.

I have downloaded several manuals for myself and for friends, the downloads there are safe, clean-easy to read, and print out beautifully.

I have also purchased a few hard copies of manuals and those too are clean-easy to read, usually come spiral bound, and are delivered quickly.

Enjoy your new machine, it's a lovely sewer:)

That's so weird! The picture is identical to my machine, all details the same, except mine is labelled a 'Singer Professional XL10'. - maybe the instructions are also identical?mn- Gives you something else to search on. Good luck!

I have the same sewing machine. I moved and can't find the cord. I have the foot petal, where I can find a cheap cord? Did not know it, one cord cost $13!

My mom was gifted with a Singer sewing machine class 316. I serviced it and it works perfectly! Thank God. However its owner's manual is damaged. Can anybody help me out in finding a free-copy of the manual from the internet? I've been looking for it for quite a while without success. Thanks a lot in advance!

By AlexOn from Guacara, VE

Answers

You can usually find a manual for a sewing machine, but they are not always free. Follow the instructions on the website to find the exact model number for your Singer sewing machine.
www.sewusa.com/model_help.htm

www.manualsonline.com/

www.retrevo.com/

Have you tried www.singerco.com?

Not sure if you are still looking for the Singer 316G manual, but I have one. Was looking for a part for mine and came across your request. Let me know if I can help. My sewer was my mom's, and the book is like new.

HI,
Do you still have the Singer 316G manual? If you do, Is the manual in German or English?

Anonymous

Hello have you still got your copy of the singer 316g please? I am from the UK and can't find a copy of one here

Many thanks
Kate

I need a manual for a Singer 2404 sewing machine. I just purchased it at a yard sale. If anyone has one for free, or if I could make copies and send it back, or knows where I can get one, please let me know. Thanks.

By Nannaof6 from Lagrange, GA

Answers

Go to: Retrevo.com or manualsonline.com . They have extensive manuals in PDF form and all you have to do is locate it and print it out.

You can also try the Singer sewing website. They charge a small fee for most of the manuals but it's well worth it for the newer models.

Some of the machine manuals are free to download, but most have a cost.

I found it here:
www.sewingmanuals.com/.../Singers.htm

Don't know if it's free or not though. Good luck!

Dose anyone know where I could find a free manual for a Singer 2404 Merritt sewing machine ?

By annie from Tulsa, OK

Answers

Try Retrevo.com

Yep. Right here: www.sewingmanuals.com/.../Singers.htm

Always do a simple internet search for manuals.

They're almost always available.

Did you get your manual, Annie? I have one.

I have been searching for a long time for a repair manual for a Singer Stylist model 413 sewing machine. Does anyone have one or know where I can get one? Thank you.

Answers

Here it is. www.manualslib.com/.../Singer-Stylist-413.html

Thank you Judy. What I am looking for is a repair manual. The one on the link you sent me is an owner's manual. I appreciate your effort. Thank you.

I have been looking all over the internet trying to figure out how to change the stitch length on this machine. All I see are options for stitch width and stitch control. Please help!

By Lexi K

Answers

An easy online search produced many responses as well as the Singer company site. You can try a search yourself or this site-there is a "contact" at the page bottom that you can click to see the email and phone # offered:

www.singerco.com/.../stitch-reference

Hi Lexi:) By now you've probably found your answer, if not, use this link to download a free copy of your user manual from SingerCo, and then flip to page 4 where the stitch length dial location is pointed out:

www.singerco.com/.../05cd53760826209952d04b99bc6962f8ea588653...

As you can see, the stitch length dial is just above your on/off switch. More detailed information regarding the dial is on pages 17 and 26.

I just purchased a 1914 hand crank Singer sewing machine. After inserting a needle, it runs perfectly. To obtain information and a free manual, I just called Singer. You really can't get better service than that. So, don't pass up something used because you think you can't get a manual.

By Tedebear

Answers:

Singer Sewing Machine Manuals

I just found it. Here you go. singerco.com/accessories/manuals> (02/06/2009)

By Allison

Singer Sewing Machine Manuals

If your machine is working properly you can look on the top and you will find 2 maybe 3 big screw heads and on the bottom the same and you can remove these screws without any danger (fear on your part will put your heart in your pocket though). This only removes the outer shell of even the old machines.

Anything that moves while you move the spindle, handle the way the machine moves is how to oil one or 2 drops is enough. The old machines are easy because they are simple inside. Then replace the top and bottom.

Right now you have no need to bother the tensions except running a small piece of material thru the little flaps, takes out the lint the thread leaves. A good rule of thumb is to take all the thread out of your machine an run the heck out of your machine for 2 or 3 minutes a month even if you don't use it. (02/28/2009)

By gbk

I'm trying to find a free manual for a Singer Stylist 776 Sewing Machine.

By gina from Casper, WY

Answers:

Singer Sewing Machine Manuals

http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B002BJYEVY/ref=dp_olp_used?tag=thrif06-20
You can buy one from Amazon.com for $2.99. (10/18/2010)

By Marjorie

Singer Sewing Machine Manuals

Try these sites

retrevo.com

manualsonline.com (10/18/2010)

By Suntydt

Singer Sewing Machine Manuals

Go to freecycle.org and find the group in your area. I have given and received many free things from them, from books to furniture! (10/20/2010)

By Dena Roberts

Singer Sewing Machine Manuals

I just checked singerco.com and you can download and print a free manual for Singer Stylist W1776. I hope that helps some. (10/21/2010)

By Monica

I am looking for a manual for a Singer Handy Stitch. Thanks.

By Sue Krise from Kenansville, NC

Answers:

Singer Sewing Machine Manuals

Use the Google search engine and type in your request. You will really be amazed at the websites that you find. (07/02/2010)

By Marjorie

Singer Sewing Machine Manuals

Go to sewusa.com. I have ordered from them when I couldn't find a manual in the past. You can probably find your manual from that site. They also have free threading diagrams for those who need them. As always, the Singer folks can help a lot, so made sure to visit their site too. (07/07/2010)

By Monica

I'm looking for a Singer Handy Stitch manual.

How do I find an instruction manual for a singer sewing machine model # 57820?

Consumer Advice Product FinderJuly 27, 2014
🍀
💘

Generated 2020-01-22 14:25:59 in 1 secs. ⛅️️ ⚡️