FundraisingCharity

Finding a Sponsor for a School Leadership Conference Trip

My child was invited to represent her school at a leadership conference in Washington DC. The invitation was sent out late and now we have very little time to come up with the $4000 that it would cost for her to go. We can afford the initial $300 for registration, but the remaining is out of our budget. She is an outstanding student and deserves to take part since she works so hard. I've heard there are companies that sponsor things like this, but I don't know how to go about getting her sponsored. My employer is willing to help, but can't sponsor the whole thing. Does anyone know how to get other sponsors fast?

We are giving away $200 in Amazon gift cards (US only) for people who answer recent questions on ThriftyFun this month! Click here to find out more...

Best Answer

Does she work anywhere? Try there. Get on the website for places that you do business with. In my area, there is a chain of grocery stores that offer scholarships and sponsor ball teams and such. Also, check with your utility company. The person you want to contact at these places is the public relations manager.

Best Answer

You could try crowdfunding. I helped set one up for a friend in a similar need and we raised well over what she needed in a week. We even had kind anonymous donors. Try sites like Fundly or GoFundMe.

She should also ask her school guidance counselor.

You could also fundraise and ask for donations. In exchange give them a bar of candy and a thank you note.