First Communion Centerpiece Ideas

For my son's First Communion party, we decorated the tables with small square glass vases. My son picked out the fresh cut flowers out and I cut them to the right size. I put decorative marbles in the bottom and used food coloring (blue for boys) to enhance the elegance of the centerpieces. Then I added decorative butterflies to the centerpiece. Butterflies mean "new life". I got endless compliments on the centerpieces. You can even use this in a everyday look at home.

By Kerry from Flat Rock, MI

Answers:

First Communion Centerpiece Ideas

I am going with the mirrored centerpiece idea for the place card table we will have. I can't find a store-bought chalice that I think will work so this is what I came up with... purchase (from your local craft store):

• 1 - 3" glass candlestick (crystal is ok)
  • 1 - bowl shaped candle holder (one that can hold a votive)
I will hot glue the two together to form my "chalice" and then spray paint it with a high gloss spray paint.

I also found (in the fake fruit/food area):

• 1 loaf of french bread
  • 1 cluster of purple grapes
  • 3 small pieces of ivy
I also found a 14 x 14 inch mirror that was on clearance in the bridal section for $5.00.

I am going to also buy a flameless pillar candle that looks like a real one (with the wax drips on the sides).

The bread, "chalice," grapes, candle and ivy will top the mirror and I will it to the side of the place cards so it can be seen when guests arrive. I am thinking of making some sort of "arch" with his name on it, but I have to figure out how that will work out (and how involved it will be to make!) (01/24/2008)

By Cheryl