Fixing Broken Laptop Keyboard

Category Repair
There are ways to fix your laptop's panel of keys without a repairman or buying a new one. This is a guide about fixing broken laptop keyboard.

I had gotten a new laptop and gave my son the one I had been using. Well after time he had messed up the keys, and took it apart to try and fix the keys. Then he lost some keys because he couldn't get them back on properly and was getting very frustrated with not being able to type. Go figure right? So I went out and bought a $10.00 USB keyboard and a $10.00 USB mouse. Quick and cheap fix to the problem!

Source:

By Carol from Cape Coral, FL

How can I get my #four, six, and eight to work? I can't sign into any of my emails as I need the six. Please help. Thank you.

By Shirley M. from Dagenham, Essex, UK

Answers

If this is on a laptop keyboard, you can only try one thing. That would be to gently remove the key cap from the keyboard and use a Q-tip and some alcohol and clean the area.

Then replace the keys and see if they will work again. If this doesn't help, you'll need to change your keyboard out.

At our school they just swap the keyboards out. Keys do wear out.