Fruit Sangria

I made this for a summer party just after harvesting my cherry tree. Many people loved it but some thought it was too sour. You may want to consider increasing the sugar if you like it sweet. It is a strong and fruity flavor so be sure to adjust the ratios to best suit your tastes.

If you choose to sweeten it beyond the fruit juices, use a simple syrup or juice. Some people recommend using the flavored syrup you would use in Italian ices or coffee drinks. I would start with about 1/2 a cup of sweet, depending on how dry your red wine is.

1. Peel and section oranges, removing any white pith from the orange fruit.
  2. Blend the orange sections with cherries and triple-sec. It will be a thick pulpy mixture.
  3. Advertisement

4. Transfer fruit mixture* to a large pitcher. Add in red wine. If the blender has pulp stuck to the edges, use some of the wine to wash it into the pitcher.
  5. Refrigerate for at least 6 hours, but 24 would be better. The flavors develop over time.
  6. Strain mixture* through a fine mesh colander before serving. The pulp will take time to drain. I found that squeezing it down was pretty effective but was a bit messy.

Add orange slices to the pitcher or to each glass.

*Next time, I will put the fruit pulp in a mesh bag before adding the wine. This should make the draining easier and quicker.

My mother in law made this for our wedding reception and it was a hit. Yummy!! :)

I need to try this fruit sangria out! We made sangria for a bridal shower, it was a popular drink. :)

Food and Recipes Recipes Beverages AlcoholJanuary 29, 2018
🌻
😷
📓
😎
🐛
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Fruit-Sangria.html

AlcoholBeverages