Fruit Cobbler Recipes

Category Cobblers
Fruit cobbler is a very versatile dessert, as you can vary the fruit used, based on the available seasonal fruit, as well as, by using frozen or canned fruit. This page contains fruit cobbler recipes.

Recipes

Share on ThriftyFunCheck out these recipes. If you have made this recipe please submit a photo and let us know how it worked. Or, add your own recipe variation.

We have an abundance of fresh figs now with two trees loaded with fruit. We love eating them out of hand, but needed another way to use them. This is so easy, quick, and simple that I think anyone who has access to fresh figs should add this to their cookbooks.

Use frozen, fresh or canned fruit and cake mix for this easy dessert.

Total Time: 1 hour

Yield: 12 servings

Source: My boss!

You can use 24 oz. frozen fruit, fresh fruit or a 21 oz. can fruit filling (fruit filling will be sweeter)

• 24 oz fruit, any kind
  • 12 oz 7-Up, Sprite or Sierra Mist soda
  • 1 white cake mix

1. Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
  2. Put fruit in bottom of 9x13 inch baking dish or baking pan that has been sprayed with oil or greased. Sprinkle cake mix over top. Pour soda all over the fruit and cake mix. Do NOT mix up!
  3. Bake in 350 degree F oven for about 40 minutes.

This quick and easy recipe was given to me by my daughter and I use it often.

Directions:

Heat oven to 350 degrees F.

Mix flour, sugar and milk together with a mixer or a whisk. Pour into a round 1-1/2 quart casserole dish. Pour the entire can of pie filling in the center. Do not stir.

Bake uncovered for 50 minutes.

Servings: 5 or 6
Time:5 Minutes Preparation Time
50 Minutes Cooking Time

Source: My sweet daughter made this for me after I had surgery.

By irisbird from Lillington, NC

Try this easy cobbler with ingredients you have on hand.

Total Time: 10 minutes prep, 25 minutes bake

Yield: 9, depending on how you cut it

• 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter
  • 1 16 oz. can canned fruit
  • 1 cup sugar
  • 1 5 oz can evaporated milk

1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Place butter in round or square baking pan. Put in oven and let it melt.
  2. In the meantime, take sugar and evaporated milk. Blend until smooth batter.
  3. Take pan out of oven, butter should be turning brown around edges.
  4. Pour batter over butter and add fruit. Batter should be starting to cover over the fruit.
  5. Bake at 400 degrees F for 10 minutes. Reduce to 350 degrees F and cook another 15 minutes or until golden brown.

Can be served with ice cream

This is a simple recipe that I used many times to satisfy my large family when we worked in a plant and produce business in Knoxville, TN. We always had the few ingredients, and it is easy and quick to make. It is surprisingly yummy, and each choice of fruit gives a different flavor result.

Optional: can add dash of cinnamon, or nutmeg, if it goes good with the fruit you add.

Directions:

Mix sugar and flour together to avoid lumpy flour, add cinnamon or nutmeg if desired, add milk, stir to mix, then pour into greased or sprayed 9x12 inch baking pan.

Spoon fruit around on top of flour mixture, as well as spooning liquid with fruit. I used home canned fruits and used a quart of fruit, with all of the juice, so I would say use all of two cans fruit and juice.

Bake at 375 to 400 degrees F. for 30-40 minutes. (temps vary so just watch for the center to come to the top and not be gooey when tested with a toothpick).

This makes a finished dish with fruit on the bottom, and a non greasy top. Serve warm or cool. It is also good with a spoon of cool whip or similar topping if served warm.

Servings: 6-8
Time:10 Minutes Preparation Time
30--40 Minutes Cooking Time

Source: Just something a sister-in-law and I developed out of necessity.

By LJF from Theodore, AL

This is great because you can vary the types of fruit you use in this recipe! Great dessert!

This is an old-fashioned dessert that most people thoroughly enjoy eating. The baked fruit filling is crowned with a thin biscuit topping. It can be eaten warm or cold, plain or topped with vanilla ice cream.

This page contains peach cobbler recipes. The aroma of peach cobbler wafting from the oven is delightful. You have the basket of fresh peaches, now you are looking for a great cobbler recipe.

Square of peach cobbler on a plate with whipped cream on the side.

Read More... Was this helpful? Yes

Can I make a mince meat cobbler from the can mince meat?

By Sherry H

Answers

Yes- you sure can. I always use whatever fruit I have. Canned mincemeat will be super easy. Make sure to grease your pan, and you may want to cook it at 325 for 55 minutes.

Ingredients

• 2-3 cups cooked juice fruit
  • 1/2 cup flour
  • 1 tsp. baking powder
  • 1/2 cup sugar
  • 1/2 cup milk
  • 1/2 stick margarine or butter

Directions

Soften margarine or butter in square baking pan. Put batter in pan and spoon in fruit. Stir batter and fruit around a little in pan. Sprinkle 1/2 cup more sugar over fruit in pan, and bake about 30 minutes at 350 degrees F.

Note: Any kind of cooked fruit is good for this cobbler. Your choice!

By Robin from Washington, IA

• 1 cup flour
  • 3/4 cup sugar
  • 1/4 tsp. salt
  • 2 eggs
  • 1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
  • 1/3 cup butter
  • 1 tsp. vanilla
  • 3-4 cups pie filling (your choice)

Directions:

Beat eggs. Add sugar; beat until creamy. Add butter and beat again. Add rest of ingredients except pie filling. Pour pie filling into 9x13 inch pan. Then put batter on top, dropping with a spoon. Bake at 350 degrees F. for 30-40 minutes or until done.

By Robin from Washington, IA

Ingredients

• 1 cup Bisquick mix
  • 1 cup sugar
  • 1 egg, slightly beaten
  • pats of butter
  • cinnamon optional
  • 1 can fruit of any kind

Directions

Pour the fruit into a casserole dish. Mix Bisquick mix and sugar together. Stir in egg. Mix thoroughly until all blended, it will be mealy. (I do this with my hands to get it mixed well) Take by handfuls and sprinkle over fruit. Top with pats of butter. Bake at 350 degrees F until done and brown.

By Michele from Western KY

Answers:

Quick Fruit Cobbler

I make my cobbler the same way you do, but I use 1 cup of self rising flour in place of the bisquick mix.
Shonda from Western Ky (11/08/2006)

By Shonda

Quick Fruit Cobbler

Do you drain the juice, or use it? (11/09/2006)

By Doggy

Quick Fruit Cobbler

I call it "dump cake". Instead of the Bisquik or flour, use a dry yellow cake mix. Put your fruit in bottom of pan, top with dry cake mix, place pats of butter and I like to add walnuts or pecans! Yummy! (07/28/2009)

By Puffy Nubs

• 1 qt. canned or 1 large jar applesauce, sweetened

Place in glass loaf pan.

Dough mixture

• 1/2 cup white sugar
  • 1 cup flour
  • 1 tsp. baking powder

Sift these 3 together

Add:

• 1/2 cup sweet milk
  • 2 Tbsp. melted margarine
  • 1 tsp. vanilla

Drop by spoonfuls on top of fruit. Makes 8 servings. Bake at 325 degrees F until top is golden brown. (Approx. 20-30 minutes.)

By Robin from Washington, IA

My grandmother used to "whip up" a fruit cobbler (of sorts) that was awesome. It was some sort of dough, put on a jelly roll pan, she then would cut apples, or blueberries, peaches, etc. and layer it on top of the dough. Sprinkle with some cinnamon and sugar and then bake it. The dough was about 1/2" thick. We would cut them into "bars" and devoured them, pan after pan! It was always quick to make with very few ingredients. Does this sound familiar to anyone?

Thanks! Missing my Gramma in PA!

Pat from Sayre, PA

Answers:

Quick Fruit Cobbler Recipe

What you describe is an apple tart, A cobbler is a pie like filling with only a crust on top. A quickie way is to add a little sugar to Bisquick Mix and follow directions for biscuits or shortcake on the box. Roll out into a rectangle shape - until the desired thickness and wrap around your rolling pin to transfer in one piece to cookie sheet. Peel and slice apples, toss with sugar, a little salt and seasonings of choice and spread on "crust". Dot with butter. Bake until edges are golden and apples are tender. (11/15/2005)

By SNIGDIBBLY

Quick Fruit Cobbler Recipe

I'm originally from northeastern Ohio, and I remember eating something like this also. It was a heavy batter dough that the fruit would kind of sink into. It was often topped with glaze or powdered sugar. Funny that you would bring it up, I was thinking about it the other day, wishing that I could find a similar recipe too. I now live in the southern states, where a "Buckle" is often called a "cobbler," and I like them lots better than the traditional cobbler. (11/18/2005)

By Susan

Quick Fruit Cobbler Recipe

Here's an explanation of the differences between the "cobbler" family of dishes. I'd never heard of Buckle and they are explained here. It sounds like that might be what you are looking for.

http://whatscookingamerica.net/History/CobblerHistory.htm

The recipe at this link for a Buckle may be more complicated than the one you remember but here it is:

http://loveandcooking.blogspot.com/2004/07/buckling-under.html

I love cobblers so I'm sure I'd like what you are describing.

BySusan from ThriftyFun (11/18/2005)

In casserole dish melt oleo, mix flour, sugar and milk together.