Sangria Recipes

Category Alcohol
There are many variations of this traditional fruit and wine based beverage common in Spain and Portugal. This page contains sangria recipes.

I made this for a summer party just after harvesting my cherry tree. Many people loved it but some thought it was too sour. You may want to consider increasing the sugar if you like it sweet. It is a strong and fruity flavor so be sure to adjust the ratios to best suit your tastes.

• 2 bottles red wine (I used a French table wine)
  • 1/2 cup Triple-Sec or other orange-flavored liqueur
  • 6 oranges + slices for garnish
  • 2 1/2 cup cherries, pitted

If you choose to sweeten it beyond the fruit juices, use a simple syrup or juice. Some people recommend using the flavored syrup you would use in Italian ices or coffee drinks. I would start with about 1/2 a cup of sweet, depending on how dry your red wine is.

1. Peel and section oranges, removing any white pith from the orange fruit.
  2. Blend the orange sections with cherries and triple-sec. It will be a thick pulpy mixture.
  3. Transfer fruit mixture* to a large pitcher. Add in red wine. If the blender has pulp stuck to the edges, use some of the wine to wash it into the pitcher.
  4. Ad

5. Refrigerate for at least 6 hours, but 24 would be better. The flavors develop over time.
  6. Strain mixture* through a fine mesh colander before serving. The pulp will take time to drain. I found that squeezing it down was pretty effective but was a bit messy.

Add orange slices to the pitcher or to each glass.

*Next time, I will put the fruit pulp in a mesh bag before adding the wine. This should make the draining easier and quicker.

This Sangria is so good! A little went a long way. This photo was from a party I hosted, where I tripled the recipe.

Total Time: 15 minutes (make the night before)

Yield: 12 servings

Source: My dear friend Laura

• 1/2 cup brandy
  • 1/4 cup lemon juice
  • 1/3 cup frozen lemonade concentrate
  • 1/3 cup orange juice (or mango juice)
  • 1 bottle sweet red wine (I used a red blend)
  • 1/2 cup Triple Sec (Grand Marnier is better, ask if they have smaller bottles behind the counter).
  • 1 lemon, sliced into rounds
  • 1 lime, sliced into rounds
  • 1 orange, sliced into rounds
  • 8 maraschino cherries with juice

• Pour all ingredients in a glass container. Refrigerate overnight and serve.
  • Comment Pin it! Was this helpful? Yes