Getting Dishes Back After a Potluck

Friends at table with potluck food
This is a page about getting dishes back after a potluck. It isn't uncommon for dishes to go unclaimed after a potluck or for 2 people to have identical containers. Using freezer tape to create a label with your name on it is a great way to get your dish back at the end of the event.

2 Solutions

Silver Post Medal for All Time! 418 Posts

When taking food to a friend or to a covered dish gatherings, it's good to be able to identify your dishes to bring them back home.

I use freezer tape to mark my Pyrex dishes. I write my name on the tape with a Sharpie Permanent Marker. The tape does not come off when baking or washing the dish.

I have dishes that my name has been on the dish for a long time. Some of the tape, I have actually had to rewrite my name as the tape was still good. A name written on tape on the back of a casserole pan.

I keep freezer tape on hand all the time.

Comment Pin it! Was this helpful? Yes

Whenever you go to a potluck type party, label your dish with a return address label. Don't forget to label your utensil (i.e. spatula, serving spoon), too.

By Linda

Organizing KitchenMay 16, 2018
🎄
🎉
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Getting-Dishes-Back-After-a-Potluck.html