Getting Dishes Back After a Potluck

Category Kitchen
This is a guide about getting dishes back after a potluck. It isn't uncommon for dishes to go unclaimed after a potluck or for 2 people to have identical containers. Using freezer tape to create a label with your name on it is a great way to get your dish back at the end of the event.

When taking food to a friend or to a covered dish gatherings, it's good to be able to identify your dishes to bring them back home.

I use freezer tape to mark my Pyrex dishes. I write my name on the tape with a Sharpie Permanent Marker. The tape does not come off when baking or washing the dish. I have dishes that my name has been on the dish for a long time. Some of the tape, I have actually had to rewrite my name as the tape was still good.

I keep freezer tape on hand all the time.

Comment Pin it! Was this helpful? Yes

Top Comment

Freezer tape and Masking tape are two different kinds of tape. I just happened to have a new roll of freezer tape I bought not long ago and have not opened it.

The package says it holds at -40 degrees. Works well on paper, film and foil. It does not say that you can put it in the oven but that works well for me, as stated in my posting. Hope this helps.

Whenever you go to a potluck type party, label your dish with a return address label. Don't forget to label your utensil (i.e. spatula, serving spoon), too.

By Linda