Getting Prescriptions From Drug Companies

You don't have to go without your prescription medications if you can't afford them. When I was broke, I got my drugs gratis! The drug companies actually have programs in which they give away their products. Contact the manufacturer about applying for their program (there are some restrictions.)

By pamphyila from Los Angeles

Answers:

My husband and I were not able to pay the exorbitant prices for the drugs we were taking until we contacted a local outreach program that sets up freebies with drug companies. We were with the program until Medicare Part D came along. We still struggle because of the premiums and then the do-nut hole at $2,000, but we have no choice as long as we are on disability and Medicare. If you aren't on Medicare, the program is wonderful. They even gave us free vitamins since we couldn't afford them. (10/31/2006)

By Hope

I read about a great site in a magazine and never thought I'd need it. A year later my husband was put on a very expensive drug for his ulcerative colitis. It is needymeds.com. They let you find the medicine and hook you up with the manufacturer. It has been a godsend to us.

Karen in Port Clinton, OH (11/01/2006)

By karen zetzer

😎
🌻
🐛
📓