Contacting Companies for Coupons and Perks

Category Coupons
Many companies will send you free samples or coupons if you request them or are willing to review their products. Contacting companies for coupons and perks can be a great way to receive free products and services.

I saw this tip on a thrifty-type reality show. The woman said "if you write to companies of food that you habitually shop with just to compliment them on their product, they will send coupons."

So I figured "what the hell?" I wrote to 8 companies that purvey products that I like - bread, soymilk, organic dairy, salads, and Neocell collagen - to see what happened.

Basically every single one, save one small-scale brand of bread, provided great coupons! They also thanked me kindly and one (Neocell) even went as far as to send me some great product samples! Neocell.com, for all who are curious. In general, this was a very fun thing to do, as much to receive coupons as to create goodwill with a company whose product I use/believe in.

All too often in life we spend more energy communicating with companies to complain, so it's nice to have the idea put in your head the notion to just do it 'just because'. Whether I am fishing for coupons or not, I may just keep doing it

Everyone knows to use coupons to save money at the grocery store, but the real trick is how to acquire a variety of coupons to use. Many manufacturers have their sales reps visit grocery stores on a regular basis to ensure that their products are on the store shelf. If you see a non-store employee working in a store, take the time to ask them if they have any free coupons that they could give you.

I work as a sales rep for a major manufacturer of cleaning supplies, and regularly carry coupons for the products I represent. If I see a customer trying to decide between which brand to purchase, I'll hand them a coupon book with $5 in savings to "sway" their decision. On a monthly basis, I also instant rebate coupon certain items that we're trying to move.

There are numerous sales reps representing nearly every item that a store carries, so it pays to ask for coupons.

By Marilyn S.