Random Drug Testing for Your Teens

Category Behavior
All parents agree that keeping your kids off drugs is a priority, one way to help accomplish this is by giving your teens random drugs tests. In this page, parents discuss the merits and potential drawbacks of random drug testing for teens.

When my kids were in high school I instituted random drug testing at my house. It was really cheap to set up and I feel like in the long run, I was saved an incalculably amount because one of my kids lived in the "gray". My teens were normal everyday teens with the usual number of friends, made decent grades and all.

After the first random test (did I mention how shocked my son was?), my son had a friend that I saw daily at my house that never came again; we just never saw him again. I asked my son and he always said "I don't know what happened to him".

About 2 years later I read his obituary in the newspaper, he had committed suicide in a drug rehab program. By all accounts, he was a normal teen with the usual number of friends and he also and made good grades.

Now that my son is grown I ask him about the random testing (we had about 3 in all). He said he was so mad at me at first, but he was able to use it as an excuse to not use drugs because he had random testing at his house.

My grown son tells me now that he thinks I was pretty smart. But he has challenged me and asked what would I have done. I just smile and tell him I would have tied him to his bed until he was 24 and we laugh together.

Source: A mom's intuition.

By Meemaw

Parenting Teen BehaviorFebruary 18, 2017
📓
🐛
😎
🌻
😷
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Random-Drug-Testing-for-Your-Teens.html