Getting Rid of Cockroaches

This morning I found a cockroach in my bed. EEEWW! I've changed the bedding and sprayed around the base boards. What do I do so I know I won't wake up with one again?

Best Answer

Don't leave food out. Dispose of garbage. Fix any water leaks. If you don't have pets, you can put boric acid around the perimeter of rooms.

Best Answer

You must deep clean everything!!! Then sprinkle boric acid around. You can get bottles at the 99c store that are very effective. They love grease and old plastic bags, so make sure you get rid of them asap!

Best Answer

Years ago, I moved into a house in Charlotte NC. I soon discovered it was heavily infested with roaches. I called an exterminator. He came by weekly and sprayed a liquid all about the house.

After a month, I saw no improvement in the roach situation. I told the guy I thought the visits were expensive, that I saw no improvement, and that unless the condition improved, I would switch exterminators.

He switched from the liquid spray to a silver powder. Within a matter of days, I saw a vast improvement. Within two weeks, no more roaches were to be found. I later learned that the silver powder was boric acid with a coloring agent added.

I have been in my present home for 35 years. Over the course of that time I have seen a roach or two once or twice a year. This is a cue to refresh my boric acid.

I keep a layer of boric acid where ever it is practical, especially under and behind the stove and refrigerator and along out of the way baseboards and under the sink.

If I do see a roach, I simply refresh my boric acid. My appliances are not built in, so when I clean behind them, I use this time to refresh the boric acid, also.

Over the past 35 years, I have seen an occasional roach, but during that time, I have never had an infestation. The one or two that do manage to get in, walk across the boric acid and die without ever having a chance to breed more. In this case, the cheapest method is the best.

I can't argue with 35 years of success.

Ridding home of cockroaches.

Step 1
You need to get professional help that is the only way to rid your house of them.

Step 2
You can buy roach sprays and roach traps.