Using Cornstarch to Kill Roaches?

Category Cockroaches
Cornstarch, by itself, cannot kill cockroaches but when mixed with plaster of paris, it is effective. Using cornstarch to kill roaches alone is not effective.

I was told that cornstarch was an easy way to help get rid of roaches. Is that true? If so, does anyone have any directions for it? A friend of mine and her husband really need the help. My friend is allergic to all forms of bug sprays and bombs. Please help if you can. Thanks.

Dawn from Iowa

Answers

By (Guest Post)
Best Answer

Boric Acid works because roaches are cannibals and when the roach eats it, it gets sick , goes to the hive and other roaches eat the sick one. This works to not just move the roaches to another residence.

I've lived in Houston for years and the ONLY thing to effectively control roaches, both German and the big waterbug types is a boric acid attack. The BEST brand to find is Eckols Roach Tablets from St. Louis.

Can cornstarch kill roaches?

Answers

Best Answer

I don't have any roach problems, but with Google - I was able to find that you'll need equal parts of cornstarch and plaster of Paris and it'll get rid of your roach problems.

Reference: www.dvo.com/.../remedy2.html

There is also a thread on ThriftyFun. Some said Boric Acid works. You can read peoples feedback here: www.thriftyfun.com/tf512822.tip.html

Best Answer

If mixed with Plaster or Paris, yes (also found in my search). I use boric acid that I get from the 99c store. I'd deep clean the entire area then sprinkle some down. If you start with the a dirtyish base, they will return.

Home and Garden Pest Control CockroachesSeptember 20, 2017
🌻
😷
😎
📓
🐛
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Using-Cornstarch-to-Kill-Roaches.html