Getting Rid of Coyotes

I live on the out skirts of a pretty busy small city. I have been in this house for 19 months now. I also grew up here (family home). I have never seen or heard any coyotes here before.

However, tonight my daughter and I were caught of guard. We were outside when it started getting dark and across the yard one goes, chasing my cat. I sent my daughter running for the door, me after her, when I grabbed a brick and threw it at the coyote. It stopped chasing my cat and started after my daughter. We made it inside safe and sound, just scared.

From what I have read, this is unusual behavior for coyotes. What can I do to get rid of the coyote(s), since there is probably a den in the woods to the left of my house. And what can I do to protect my daughter and cats, besides not letting them out at night?

By Michelle from Port Orchard, WA

Answers:

Getting Rid of Coyotes

I don't see why you don't like them, they are cute. But one way is if you let off a load of stink bombs off outside your house they won't like the smell so they will go away. (05/24/2010)

By luvxx