Getting Rid of Magpies

I hope this link helps anyone that is trying to get rid of Magpies in a humane manner. This method is "catch and release." For more information visit the link below.

agric.gov.ab.ca

By Hal

Answers:

Getting Rid of Magpies

The City of Calgary had some interesting options: spray the birds with a hose whenever you can, plant marigolds, use mothballs (as magpies don't like strong odors and apparently the smell of marigolds isn't appealing to them), bait bits of food with pepper spray.

I prefer songbirds, too (and they've become rather scarce since the dratted magpies have moved in).

Good luck. (07/25/2006)

By Rose Anne

Getting Rid of Magpies

Use a Larsen trap to catch magpies. Info on www.basc.co.uk, look for pest control. (03/01/2008)

By Andrew

Getting Rid of Magpies

I used Crow be Gone and no more magpies for me, thank you. (07/21/2008)

By Ginny