Getting Rid of a Bat

I have a bat living in the 2nd floor bathroom exhaust vent over the tub that goes from the shower vent to the outside wall, 5ft. A bat bit through the plastic cover for the vent on the outside wall and is living in the tube. How do I get him out? I looked in the attic and saw no more bats, although I did not get very close.

If I make noise outside the vent on the ground during the day he will pop his his head out and look at me. I need to paint that side of the house and he seems to be very happy there. I've waited til dusk and he will appear. It seems to be very protective of his area.

By ae

Surely someone in your area is responsible for removing wild animals from homes and yards. Give these people a call. Sometimes the city has someone hired; sometimes it is the SPCA.