SaucesRecipes

Gluten Free Beef Gravy

I thought when I had to give up everything that contained wheat, I would never be able to have gravy again. I found out that you can make gravy using corn starch. I had to start all over learning how to make gravy.

Not all broths and bouillon cubes are gluten free so you have to watch your labels. Swanson's broth and Herb Ox Bouillon are gluten free.

I baked a chuck roast in the oven. I drained off the drippings and saved it in the refrigerator. The next night I removed the hard fat, and discarded it. When making the gravy, I added drippings left from the roast for a little more flavor, but I could have left it out and the gravy would still have been good.

Since there is no grease used in this recipe, the gravy is very low in fat.

Total Time: 20 minutes

Yield: It makes 2 cups of gravy

1. Pour broth into a medium size saucepan.
  2. Ad

3. Mix cornstarch with 1/4 cup of water and stir until blended. Add to broth.
  4. Add 2 beef bouillon cubes and beef drippings. Stir constantly over medium heat until it comes to a boil.
  5. Continue to stir and simmer over medium heat for 1 minute.