Grain-Free Granola (Paleo)
Vote for this contest contender!
Paleo eating has been quite popular for a while now. I'm not on a paleo diet, but I do try to control the quality and amount of grains I take in. This is an excellent grain-free granola that is so delicious, you won't be sad there aren't any oats in it!
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
Yield: 5 cups
- 3 cups unsweetened coconut flakes
- 1/3 cup walnuts
- 2/3 cup sliced almonds
- 1/2 cup raw pumpkin seeds (shelled)
- 1/4 cup sesame seeds
- 1/3 cup raw sunflower seeds
- 2 Tbsp chia seeds
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp ground cardamom
- 1/2 cup honey
- 2 Tbsp coconut oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 300 F. Line a baking sheet with foil or parchment paper.
In a large bowl, mix together the coconut, walnuts, almonds, pumpkin seeds, sesame seeds, sunflower seeds, chia seeds, salt, cinnamon, and cardamom.
- Cook honey, coconut oil, and vanilla in a small pot over medium heat for a minute, stirring frequently.
- Pour the hot honey mixture over the coconut mixture.
- Mix very well to evenly distribute honey.
- Spread mixture on the prepared baking sheet and bake for about 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven, give it a good stir, then return to oven and bake until golden and crisp, about 10 more minutes.
- Enjoy as a dry snack or with milk. Granola can be kept in a covered container at room temperature for up to a week.
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!