Grape Juice Stains on Clothing

I need to get a major grape juice stain out of a 100% cotton shirt. I have not done anything to it yet. I just got the stain today. I'm at a loss as to what to use.

Thanks in advance.
Reddlb from Brewton, AL

Answers:

Grape Juice stains Off Of Baby Clothes?

<title-green>Request:</title>

My daughter loves grape juice. And she also loves to smile. However she does both at the same time and now I have stains all over her baby clothes. Any ideas how to remove grape juice stains from a wide variety of colored clothing?

Suzanne S.

<title-green>Answers:</title>

Grape Juice stains Off Of Baby Clothes?

I use Welch's White Grape juice! No stains, no muss, no fuss.

Post by DOGGY

Grape Juice stains Off Of Baby Clothes?

Soak it in peroxide. My son spilled the communion juice on my husband's tan shorts a few years back, and I took it after a few hours of sitting around, and soaked them in peroxide. It came out and you can't even tell.

Post by Dawn

Grape Juice stains Off Of Baby Clothes?

I used Oxiclean on all my son's baby clothes, and never had to replace anything. Bleach works better on white clothes, as Oxiclean can leave it dingy and yellow. Hope this helps!

Post by Mikki

Grape Juice stains Off Of Baby Clothes?

I just spilled grape juice down my shirt. I tried Shout right away and it basically did nothing. I went to this web site and saw the entry about peroxide and tried it. Within 5 minutes, the stain completely disappeared! Who knew?

Post by Barb (Guest Post)

Grape Juice Stains on Clothing

Try a little white wine. Just pour it on the grape juice stain. I know for sure white wine take out red wine so grape juice is just younger wine. (03/14/2006)

Grape Juice Stains on Clothing

I used hydrogen peroxide and it is working as I write. It doesn't come out instantly, but it is almost gone and it has been soaking for 15 minutes. (05/05/2006)

By Janna

Grape Juice Stains on Clothing

You can also put hair spray over top of the stain put it in the wash and it's out. (05/22/2006)

By Alison

Grape Juice Stains on Clothing

I got a grape juice stain on a brown cotton shirt and
I tried soap and water and it didn't come out. I then
poured some white vinegar on it and the stain disappeared right before my very eyes. Couldn't believe how easy it came out. It didn't discolor the brown shirt either. (05/25/2006)

By RB in Appleton WI

Grape Juice Stains on Clothing

I got a grape juice stain on a white blouse. The soonest I could get to cleaning it was about two hours later. I tried washing it by hand with laundry soup, but the stain only changed in color from purple to blue. I then soaked it in some warm water with Oxiclean and shortly afterwards the stain started to lift. After swishing and rubbing it around a little, the stain came out completely. Good luck! (09/02/2006)

Grape Juice Stains on Clothing

Try boiling water poured through the garment at the stain. Instantly removes it before your eyes. I was skeptical the first time I tried it, but I was losing the white blouse any way if I could not get it out.
I put grape juice on it again just to show others how well it worked on cotton as well as synthetic! (09/07/2006)

By Vickie

Grape Juice Stains on Clothing

The boiling water worked great! Thanks Vickie. (09/16/2006)

By caddyzigs1

Grape Juice Stains on Clothing

Hydrogen peroxide will remove any organic stain, including grape juice and red wine. Buy peroxide when it's on sale 2 for $1. Put one bottle in the medicine cabinet and one bottle in the laundry area. Pour it on wet or dry fabric, let sit for 15 minutes, then if needed you can do it again. Then launder as usual, but if you're cleaning spots from carpeting or upholstery, no rinsing is needed as it leaves no residue (it works with oxygen "fizzing" out the stain). Sometimes it's best to put the peroxide in a well marked spray bottle and spray it on the carpet. Always "spot test" a small area first!

Peroxide removes coffee, hot chocolate, blood, and many other things too! (01/04/2008)

By Cyinda

I put on my new khaki pants because I was starting my new job in less than 2 hours. I sat down and immediately spilled my grape juice on my pants. I saw the post about peroxide and it took less than 5 minutes to pull the stain from my pants!

I soaked the shirt in about a cup of white vinegar (with Dawn detergent on the stains) overnight. Then I washed and dried it normally. The stains were a day or 2 old when I did that. I was surprised that they came out completely.