Grass Growing in Cracks in Concrete

If you have pesky grass growing up through cracks in your concrete driveway or patio, just douse the grass with straight vinegar. It will kill the grass.

Answers:

Grass Growing in Cracks in Concrete

Hi There! Thanks! I thought about bleach but was afraid to use it. I was afraid it would discolor the concrete. (08/03/2004)

By lisa hiday

Grass Growing in Cracks in Concrete

Wouldn't it be cheaper and easier to just spray it with Round-up? On the acreage I use a lot of Round-up to keep grass where I want it and not where it wants to be. (10/13/2004)

By brenda newton

I think the idea is to avoid using toxic chemicals. Round up is an herbicide that is potentially harmful to many living things including humans. There's a lawsuit pending with Monsanto about Roundup causing cancer in humans .

You can listen to a podcast about that by clicking this link.
I'm going to try the strong vinegar and salt combo.
www.npr.org/.../emails-reveal-monsantos-tactics-to...

by this time, multi-billion dollar suit against monstersanto has been won.

I like using straight boiling water for sidewalk and driveway cracks. The weeds and grass wither but nothing poisonous is added. It will kill an ant's nest under concrete or cement too.

Anonymous

Zoysia grass sprayed with round up will continue to kill The grass into the lawn. This will leave bare spots or browns spots because the grass is rooted and a runner type plant.

Round up is poison made by Monsanto. Dif you know that earth sprayed with round up is considered a toxic biohazard FOREVER afterward? Not to mention it ends up in our sewers and were drinking it!

Stop killing our bees, birds, and all insects and outdoor things. So awful. It wouldn't be legal if they weren't paying a lot of money to exist. uck.

if you end up with cancer, roundup would be the culprit. DON'T USE MONSTERSANTO'S ROUNDUP.

No!!!! Roundup causes cancer.

😎
🎆
👔
🌻
😷
🐛