Grease Stain on Suede

Sponge spot with a cloth dipped in white vinegar. Dry and restore nap by brushing with a suede brush.

Source: MSU Extension

Answers:

Grease Stain on Suede

My daughter got grease on her suede boots. We tried the vinegar which worked a little, but what was even better was to lightly use a regular pencil eraser on the spot. It worked great. Good Luck. (11/18/2007)

By Melanie

Grease Stain on Suede

I've just tried the rubber (eraser) remedy to tackle a lot of grease marks over my brand new suede jacket. I bumped into someone in greasy overalls on my way to work. I'm so impressed, it's done a really good job. I thought the jacket may be ruined. Thanks so much! (05/19/2008)

By Jill

Grease Stain on Suede

I ate a small salad without taking off my nice suede coat and got balsamic on the lapel. I used some suede leather cleaner and then I just did the eraser thing on my suede jacket, now I'm all set. Tip: Don't panic, go slow, and don't ruin your item. (01/10/2009)

By elstringsio

Grease Stain on Suede

Thank you for the eraser tip! This really works. I just tried it on a suede jacket that I was thinking about throwing away due to a big, ugly grease spot on the front. Now I have to search for the place where the stain used to be. (02/12/2009)

By Jennifer

Grease Stain on Suede

Thank you, thank you. I bought a pair of suede shoes and the 1st day wearing them, I spilled salad dressing on them. I only had baby powder available at the time so I put some on the stains, let it sit for a while, and brushed it off. Although the satins were less noticeable, they were still there. After reading about the eraser trick, I tried it and amazingly they are hardly noticeable now. (07/05/2009)

By Lou Corigliano

📓
🌻
🎂